The Olympic Cabinet Committee did not meet today.
Today’s Ministerial activities include:
- Jeremy Hunt (Secretary of State for Culture, Olympics, Media and Sport) attending diving and swimming; David Willets (Minister for Universities and Science) also attending swimming
- Hugh Robertson (Minister for Sport and The Olympics), Alistair Burt (Minister for Middle East and North Africa) and Francis Maude (Minister for the Cabinet Office) all attending football
- Huw Lewis (Minister for Housing, Regeneration and Heritage)is also attending road cycling; Hugh Robertson will also be at the road cycling
- Caroline Spelman (Secretary of State for the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) attending equestrian events
- Ed Vaizey (Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries) attending water polo
- 27 million people in the UK watched the Opening Ceremony. That’s the largest TV audience in the UK for any Olympics Opening Ceremony – five times as many that watched the Beijing ceremony in 2008.
Ministers and senior officials are meeting in the run up to and during the Olympic and Paralympic Games. The Committee has been established to ensure strategic coordination across the Olympic project.
Follow @2012govpress on Twitter for Government Olympic Communication updates.