Today the Prime Minister visited the Team GB training camp in Loughborough where he met London 2012 medal hopefuls and spoke about the economic impact of the Games. Mr Cameron addressed athletes and coaches who are just 3 weeks away from the biggest sporting event of their lives. This comes after UK Sport yesterday confirmed Team GB’s goal of a top four finish for the Games, with a win of 48 medals from at least 12 sports.
The visit allowed Mr Cameron to set out how the Government expects Britain to derive more than £13bn of benefit to the economy as a result of hosting London 2012. The speech also focussed on how Games will be great for Britain, with the challenge now being to make sure Britain secures an economic boost for the country.
- Read the full speech on UK Prime Minister’s website
- Hear the speech via Audioboo
- View photo’s from the event
- Watch our new Olympic Park fly-through video
- View our infographics giving facts and figures about the Olympic legacy
- See our ‘before and after’ facebook album of the Olympic Park
- Read case studies showing the Olympic legacy from our ‘Beyond 2012’ Tumblr