Olympic medallists Steve Cram and Sally Gunnell will talk about how sport can help young people to stay in education at a special event today, focusing on inspiring the next generation.
The Olympians will join 120 UK and international delegates at the British Business Embassy day to explore how sport, science and technology can be used to inspire young people to further study.
The British Business Embassy is a series of events, organised by the UK Government, designed to make the most of the commercial opportunities of London 2012. The Embassy aims to enhance the UK’s reputation as an experienced and dynamic business partner.
This event will showcase the best of British education to the world, promoting international collaboration and increased trade in ideas and services.
Also announced today were plans by three UK institutions to expand their international operations:
- New College Nottingham and Batra Group will open the first vocational academy in India
- University of Salford is launching a new commercial subsidiary to provide high-quality, research-informed training and development across the UK
- Liverpool City College has won a three year contract to provide management coaching skills and English language programmes for Chinese students
- Access the programme for all British Business Embassy events on UKTI website
- Watch all British Business Embassy sessions live via YouTube
- Follow events live on Twitter @BritBizClub and join the conversation using hashtag#BritBizEmbassy