The Committee met today to discuss the Olympic and Paralympic Games. This morning’s meeting was chaired by Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport Jeremy Hunt.
The committee met to discuss the Paralympic Games. They agreed that the public response to the Games had been extraordinary and that there had been very positive feedback from athletes and the International Paralympic Committee.
The committee discussed transport and plans for departures and the athletes’ parade on the 10 September. They agreed that the next few days were some of the most challenging for transport in London during the Games with schools returning. There was no room for complacency but the network continued to cope well with the additional passenger numbers.
Today’s Ministerial activities include:
- Owen Paterson is attending the equestrian.
- Ed Vaizey is attending the athletics.
- Jeremy Hunt is attending the table tennis, swimming and athletics.
- Danny Alexander is attending the table tennis.
- Michael Moore is attending the swimming.
- George Osborne is attending the athletics.
- Dominic Grieve is attending the athletics.
- Hugh Robertson is attending the athletics.
Follow @2012govpress on Twitter for Government Olympic Communication updates.