The Committee met today to discuss the preparation for the closing ceremony, the athletes parade and the departures of officials and athletes on Monday. This morning’s meeting was chaired by the Prime Minister, David Cameron.
He said that the Paralympics had been a huge success with a brilliant performance by ParalympicsGB, and thanked everyone who had worked so hard on the Paralympic Games over many years in many organisations.
Today’s Ministerial activities include:
- Sir George Young and Jeremy Hunt are attending the swimming.
- James Brokenshire and Gerald Howarth are attending the athletics.
- Jeremy Hunt and Hugh Robertson are attending the cycling.
- Jeremy Hunt is attending the wheelchair rugby.
- Hugh Robertson is attending the goalball.
Follow @2012govpress on Twitter for Government Olympic Communication updates.