This summer the UK will host the Games for the third time.
Many UK Government Departments have a significant role to play in helping to deliver the Games. We want to make sure that it is as easy as possible for you to contact us about Olympic and Paralympic-related issues and stories.
Government Olympic Communication will provide an integrated press office service on behalf of all UK Government Departments and Agencies from the arrival of the Olympic Torch on 18 May to the end of the Paralympic Games on 9 September. The service will be run by existing communications staff from across all UK Government Departments.
- a dedicated team to deal with all media queries related to the Government’s role in London 2012
- a single place to request interviews with Ministers from across Government
- this news website, carrying all the latest news from the UK Government on London 2012
- Government events and media opportunities in the run up to the Games.
This site and our twitter stream pull together news and multimedia content from across Government, and provide:
- up-to-the-minute press releases, statements and speeches
- a rich library of background information, facts and figures and case studies covering all aspects of the Games across all the nations and regions of the UK
- images, including high-resolution, royalty-free photography; a video library for online use, alongside high-definition broadcast-quality clips and b-roll.
You can also register for email or RSS news alerts to ensure you are kept up to date with all the latest UK Government news on the London 2012 Games. Just complete the form on the right.
Further information can also be found in the leaflet ‘Working with the UK Government during the Olympic and Paralympic Games‘.