GREAT campaign key facts
- 56.5m opportunities for to see GREAT advertising across 18 airports
- Over 60 British businesses and organisations signed up to support GREAT, offering reach through their own channels (eg. Facebook, Google), branded products (eg. Mini, McLaren), content (eg. Universal music), benefits in kind and £3.5m cash in the form of sponsorship or joint-funded programmes (eg.British Airways).
- Over 90 UK and local market celebrities have given their time and support to GREAT for free, including figures such as Victoria Beckham, Sir Paul Smith, Sir Richard Branson, Lewis Hamilton and Dame Vivienne Westwood.
- Over 200 GREAT events in more than 60 markets with over 200,000 attendees and media coverage reaching hundreds of millions.
- 2.8m visits to Yahoo driving more than 1,5m visits to VisitBritain’s website in 4 months
- 1.5 million online fans of the campaign (LoveUK and GREAT Facebook), with audiences receiving over 41.5m GREAT messages
- 1 million students worldwide with direct access each month to British Council GREAT branded learning materials, reaching many millions more by being available to 500,000 teachers of English every month. 2m potential users of campaign education materials online.
- 55% rise in unprompted recall during the first phase of the GREAT campaign. If this increase equated to actual visits, this could potentially generate extra spend of £31.3 million in a year from the GREAT cities included in the tracker research alone.
Read background briefing on the GREAT campaign.