Nations and Regions: East Midlands
London 2012 has touched every part of the UK by bringing new business, inspiring community and cultural projects, and improving local sporting opportunities.
Key Games-related facts and statistics for the East Midlands include:
- 2 – number of Pre-Games Training Camps for Olympic and Paralympic athletes
- 6 – number of days the Olympic Torch will be in the region
- 220+ – local sporting, educational and community projects officially inspired by London 2012
- 750+ – schools signed up to the new Olympic and Paralympic-style School Games, with more than 1,900 taking part in the Get Set programme to celebrate Olympic and Paralympic values
- 380,000,000 – value (in £s) of the Olympic Park contracts won by East Midlands businesses